Quad Cities Museum Week – We’re Back
Visit Quad Cities and area museums have teamed up again for Quad Cities Museum Week. After taking a hiatus during the pandemic last June, the annual celebration is back again for its fifth year on June 6-13, 2021. For all the details go to www.qcmuseumweek.com.
Museums throughout the Quad Cities region will welcome visitors with activities, new exhibits, discounted admissions, tours, special programs, and more.
“We’re back and ready for visitors. This year, 14 museums are participating in Quad Cities Museum Week as we celebrate science, art, history, and discovery,” says Charlotte Doehler-Morrison, Vice President Marketing & Communications, Visit Quad Cities. “Each museum offers something completely different and appeals to a variety of audiences and ages. It’s the perfect time to get out with family and friends and try something different.”
Area museums encourage visitors to post about their museum experiences on social media using the hashtag #QCMUSEUMWEEK.
This year’s QC Museum Week participants include the following specials and more information on each museum can be found at www.qcmuseumweek.com.
- Bix Beiderbecke Museum & Archives – Complimentary admission.
- Butterworth Center & Deere-Wiman House – Complimentary programs, tours and a special exhibit “Out of the Attic”, featuring artifacts rarely seen before.
- Cody Homestead – Mention “Museum Week” and receive buy-one-get one free admission.
- Dan Nagle Walnut Grove Pioneer Village – Complimentary admission and live demonstrations of old world crafts on Friday, June 11 from 1 to 4 p.m.
- Davenport School Museum – Complimentary admission and two new window displays on “Legends of Track” and “Original 14 Elementary Schools” including photos, copper plates, and historical data.
- Family Museum – New Storyland exhibit.
- Figge Art Museum –Special activities, tours, and exhibits.
- German American Heritage Center – Complimentary admission includes entry to their main permanent gallery and their rotating galleries.
- Hauberg Estate – Complimentary Behind the Scenes tours during select dates.
- Iowa 80 Trucking Museum – Complimentary admission, 10% off gift shop purchases, and an amazing collection of antique trucks.
- John Hauberg Indian Museum – Complimentary admission and scavenger hunt with prizes.
- Karpeles Manuscript Museum – Complimentary admission, scavenger hunt with prizes, and new Abraham Lincoln as a Boy exhibit.
- Putnam Museum & Science Center – Discounted $5 admission.
- The Sawmill Museum – Buy-one-get-one-free admission & free pine seed packets while supply lasts.
QC Museum Week was created by a collaboration between area museums and Visit Quad Cities and was first launched in 2015. The event is designed to showcase the wealth of museums in the Quad Cities region and to create a greater awareness of what each museum has to offer to a variety of audiences. For information on QC Museum Week, go to www.qcmuseumweek.com
About Visit Quad Cities
Founded in 1990, Visit Quad Cities is the official Destination Management and Marketing Organization (DMMO) for the region. Visit Quad Cities is a private 501(c)(6) non-profit engine charged with driving economic opportunity through tourism, building our authentic brand, telling & selling the Quad Cities story, and enhancing Quad Citizens’ quality of life and quality of place. www.visitquadcities.com