The Iowa 80 Trucking Museum collection was started by Iowa 80 Truckstop founder, Bill Moon. Bill Moon had a passion for trucks and was always looking for a new truck or trucking artifacts to add to his collection. There are now over 100 antique trucks on display in the museum. We also have 304 original petroliana signs and 24 vintage gas pumps.
Truck of the Month
- In 1951 the Sterling Motor Truck Company merged with the White Motor Company, and all Sterling trucks were rebranded Sterling-White.
- This specific unit was used in California and originally had a bed on the back. It also would have had a short trailer with a steerable front axle to help with the curved roads of California.
- Just two years after being merged, White Motor Company bought the Autocar Company, and they discontinued the Sterling trucks in 1953.
- This specific unit was one of the first trucks made after the companies merged and it has a late 40’s style.
- The Sterling-White HD 2254 was one of the first trucks to offer a Cummins diesel engine as factory option.
- The truck has a low Horsepower, at only 150 HP. If you had to haul things up a mountain, it would have been faster to walk than to drive this truck.
Other Exhibits on Display
- Cummins ISX Engine
- NH-250 Cummins Cutaway
- Knox 5th Wheel and Radiator
- Bill Moon Tribute
- Hall Scott Engine
- Antique Gas Pumps
- Antique Metal Signs
- Vintage Transportation Related Toys