Featured Truck of The Month
1923 Sterling 2.5 Ton
A Bit of History:
- Sternberg Motor Truck Company was founded by William Sternberg in 1907. During WWI, the name was changed to Sterling Motor Truck Company.
- Sterling was innovative and placed solid oak boards into the frame to help reduce the shock of the road.
- In 1951, Sterling was sold to White Motor Company. Then, in 1953, White Motor Company bought Autocar, and the Sterling brand was discontinued.
Fun Fact:
- This specific truck was originally bought as a dump truck.
- Frank Oulicky bought the truck in 1931 to haul equipment and belongings west to California to mine for gold with his wife.
- This truck only has a top speed of 22 mph, meaning it took them 16 days to get there from Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
