Find Us!
563.468.5500

Trucks on Display

 

Below is a sampling of many of the trucks on display in our Trucking Hall of Fame® Exhibit Hall. Check out our app for more information, photos, and an audio recording for each truck.  Click here to download.

1957 Diamond T 921 FN


Engine Type:
Cummins NHC 250

Transmission Type:
Spicer 5-Speed Overdrive

Truck Information:
The Diamond T Truck Company was founded in Chicago, Illinois by C.A. Tilt in 1911. The “Diamond” stood for quality and the “T” stood for Tilt. Tilt’s father, a shoe manufacturer, is credited with the design. The Diamond T Truck Company was sold to White Motor Company in 1958 and operations moved to Lansing, Michigan. In 1966, the last of the 250,000 Diamond T trucks were produced. Diamond T merged with the REO Trucks Division of the White Motor Company the following year to form Diamond Reo. Diamond Ts were an assembled truck; the company bought engines, transmissions, rear ends, and in the case of this 1957 model, cabs from suppliers and then put them together. Mack and International used this same cab in the mid-1950s. Diamond T did the sheet metal work and the final assembly. Like many Diamond T models, this truck has a very stylish look with its solid aluminum grill surround, one-piece curved windshield, aerodynamic lines, and stainless steel name plate. Anybody would have been proud to drive this truck when it was new. After years of service, this truck and its 1950 Trailmobile insulated trailer were sold at auction to separate bidders. Years later, Iowa 80 Truckstop founder Bill Moon was able to reunite the two.



< Return To Truck List
Go Top